Erm, perhaps not. But it is a plan. And here it is -

As can be seen, the main basis of the plan is the long run on Sunday, followed by another long'ish run on Monday evening. The mileage during the rest of each week will be made up of various sessions at various times.
I have tried to create a plan that increases my training volume gradually, and provides a recovery week every third week.
I e-mailed my plan to ed_m, an ultra runner who I got to know via the TriTalk triathlon forum. Ed very kindly commented on my plan. This has helped give me confidence that my plan is probably about right. However, as Ed said - "...ultra training more than shorter stuff can vary depending on the individual & recovery times etc."
So far, I have been sticking to the plan (early days I know!). Yesterday I completed a 19 mile run, and backed that up today with another 8 mile run - In the snow!
I'm just really pleased to have completed the last 10 days without any further Achilles problems.
I'll finish this post with a photo of Laura completing a snow angel:

And a picture from my phone, out on a run on Saturday 7th February:
No comments:
Post a Comment